Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

step recording

don‘t know if it is feasible, but i‘d love to see it implemented. would take the isomorph thingy one step further, programming chords would be a piece of cake...

Comments

GallyGally SeattlePosts: 8

I assume u mean while using keyboard mode, you can enter chords by scrolling though “steps” displayed on the readout (1:1:1-4:4:4)?

p_watsp_wats TorontoPosts: 111

Programming chords is already really easy using the grid. I'm not sure what this would add (other than a workflow you are used to, which is totally valid, just not something I would use).

GallyGally SeattlePosts: 8

@p_wats said:
    Programming chords is already really easy using the grid. I'm not sure what this would add (other than a workflow you are used to, which is totally valid, just not something I would use).

Sure, if you are only going to use chord progressions and melodies that stick to a 7 note scale. But what about accidentals? This is when music gets interesting.

p_watsp_wats TorontoPosts: 111
    edited July 2019

@Gally said:

@p_wats said:

Sure, if you are only going to use chord progressions and melodies that stick to a 7 note scale. But what about accidentals? This is when music gets interesting.

If you turn off scale mode the grid shows all semitones, so you can still input more complex chords that aren't in the same key (I just tried it to confirm, the audition pads go from seven, to twelve pads in an octave).

Post edited by p_wats on
    030030 SO36Posts: 16
    edited July 2019

on the FB group one guy nailed it: isomorph is useless beyond live recording.
    since i am not a (piano) player and also not good at timing when it comes to live recording i barely can use the isomorph mode.
    other than that i often had „happy accidents“ programming note/chord sequences via step recording.
    programming chords in piano roll is easy, yes— still i have to scroll the piano roll to reach out to the 7ths/9ths e.g., that is where the isomorph mode would shine in combination with step recording imho by using the „chordshapes“.

Post edited by 030 on