Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Possibility to use synths as Sidechain Source (Send)

Would be awesome to have the possibility of synths also being the SIdechain source, and not just Kit sounds. This can be used in all sorts of creative ways, but for my particular use at this time, I would want a really thicc bassline to sidechain the ambience of a track I'm working on.

Cheers!

Comments

OdoSendaidokaiOdoSendaidokai BerlinPosts: 326

+1

Odo Sendaidokai from Berlin

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

+1, especially if it is low hanging fruit dev wise and just not there because of an assumption like „people only want to use drum sounds for sidechain source“

At this point I would like to suggest to make the sidechain track/sample in a clip definable via shortcuts and not only via sample name or the wave shape.

MPrinsenMPrinsen NetherlandsPosts: 157

Remember; the sidechain is actually an envelope that gets triggered by a kit sound. If you do this on synths, it will only get triggered af the start of the note, not like actual sidechain compression during the whole note.

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

@OdoSendaidokai said:
    At this point I would like to suggest to make the sidechain track/sample in a clip definable via shortcuts and not only via sample name or the wave shape.

stumbled upon the same thing at first.
    it is definable, there is a sidechain send param for kit sounds.
    about the "magic"
    manual: 'filename includes the characters “kick” or “bd”'
    this just means the sidechain send param is set to 50 on sample load if a sample filename follows the mentioned pattern. can be changed after sample load.

@amiga909 said:

@OdoSendaidokai said:

stumbled upon the same thing at first.
    it is definable, there is a sidechain send param for kit sounds.
    about the "magic"
    manual: 'filename includes the characters “kick” or “bd”'
    this just means the sidechain send param is set to 50 on sample load if a sample filename follows the mentioned pattern. can be changed after sample load.

Ohhhh 🎊👍🚀🎺🎉 thanks. I think the manual was at this point a little too subtle for me ;)