Please familiarise yourself with the forum rules & guidelines

Deluge SD and Formatting

spawnkissspawnkiss tkarontoPosts: 11

Creating this post because it seems there is not a post related to starting fresh with a new SD / transferring from the factory SD or otherwise.

32 GB Kingston SDHC (As a reference point)

For use interchangeably between Mac and PC (?)

• Fat 32 Format
  • Master Boot Record (If formatting on Mac vs. GUID etc)
  • Unit Allocation Size (???)

The line items with no question marks are the things I assume to be the default / best practice.

If anyone cares to share any reccommendations, experiences - please let me know. Trying to keep this as clean as possible and avoid any issues with streaming from the card.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

pbolgerpbolger ChristchurchPosts: 31

While we are at it, what are the default owner and permissions? I have a 64gb Flashair card which worked fine until I let the Toshiba utility reset it. Now it's fine in the Deluge (I think the Deluge doesn't give a rats about permissions) but I keep getting 'Read Only File System' when I stick it into my Mint machine.

pikeypikey IrelandPosts: 11

@pbolger A lot of SD cards have a little switch for read only mode on the side of the card. Are you sure you didn't flip it?

pbolgerpbolger ChristchurchPosts: 31

I'm sure. I think it's because I reset the card in a Mac, and was trying to manipulate files in a Linux machine. OSX seems to do odd things to permissions.

llexamllexam USAPosts: 47

Adding to the info:

On Windows 10, formatting a SD card larger than 32gb to FAT32 (required by Deluge) needs an external program.
    This free program works:
    http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm

OldBuildingOldBuilding USAPosts: 6

@llexam said:
    Adding to the info:

On Windows 10, formatting a SD card larger than 32gb to FAT32 (required by Deluge) needs an external program.
    This free program works:
    http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm

Thanks.

I hate downloading form sites like that, but it worked.

Support for exFAT would be great though.