Please familiarise yourself with the forum rules & guidelines

Did Deluge output sounds "dull" to you?!

I love my Deluge, and when I'm using it with my headphone, it seems to sound good... I usually record the Deluge stereo outputs in Logic, mix a little, and then exports the final result... in the almost finished songs, I feel that the samples from Deluge sounds kinda "dead" or "dull"... no energy, no life... I'm using good sounding samples... maybe it's a mastering thing... or maybe the recording levels are not high enough... I have some difficulties to get a good level from the jacks outputs... but like... for now, my plugins, like Alchemy, is sounding kinda better than the samples from Deluge in a mix... I saw a video once where the Deluge was passing thru a hardware compressor (or something else?!) before the soundcard... any tips would be appriciated!

Comments

krunchrkrunchr Mainz, GermanyPosts: 65

So far I didn't notice that samples are degraded in sound when playing in the Deluge. Of course, there are many parameters that can influence this.

I'm more worried about the Deluge's leveling behavior:

• Mixing tracks is uncomfortable, because there is no dedicated mixer page.
    • Compared to my other gear (Digitakt, Minilogue XD, SonicCell), the Deluge's output level is pretty low.
    • On the other hand, the internal levels of many factory presets are set far too high, so internal distortion can quickly occur if you play more than one or two notes.
    ClydePaquinClydePaquin Montreal, QuebecPosts: 12

Agree... yeah there's no change in the samples quality... it's just really hard to get good levels... if I don't put all the levels high up I can barely see a wave in Logic.

llexamllexam USAPosts: 47

Dull sounding? I find the DAC in the Deluge (Cirrus Logic CS4270) to be quite bright sounding actually. Often too much so. Have you tried using the Deluge's onboard EQ on your samples to add energy/life? Also, resampling internally and then transferring to your DAW will bypass the converters and make it easier to get hotter levels (post-production).

@llexam said:
    Dull sounding? I find the DAC in the Deluge (Cirrus Logic CS4270) to be quite bright sounding actually. Often too much so. Have you tried using the Deluge's onboard EQ on your samples to add energy/life? Also, resampling internally and then transferring to your DAW will bypass the converters and make it easier to get hotter levels (post-production).

Thanks for the tips! For your resampling tip, do you mean to load the re-samples directly in my DAW? I don't know much about resampling, can we do a kind of "audio export" for let's say the BD, by resampling it for an entire 4-5 min. song? And then load the audio file in Logic? Would be great...

I just read it in the manual... yeah that'll solve my problem! I didn't even know I could do that... make sense.

But now I got a new problem... the audio files that I create and import into Logic becomes gradually out of sync after a couple of bars... don't understand... they kinda accelerate...

raytracerraytracer Posts: 2
    edited June 26

[deleted]

Post edited by raytracer on