Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Can I start an LFO or ENV with the trigger of the sound and can I sync to start/end of the sample?

BrettBrett Posts: 39
edited April 2019 in Deluge Help

Hello,

I'm taking my next deeper dive into the patch matrix and trying to understand if I can sync a modulation source to start the modulation at the start of a sound and end of a sound.. or sync at rise and fall to go across the start to the end?

Just wondering if it is possible.

Looking forward to the deeper dive into the matrix.

Thanks,
Brett

Post edited by Brett on

Comments

duelinmarkersduelinmarkers Austin TX USPosts: 137

Maybe I don't understand the question, but I'm assuming when you talk about the start and end of a sound, you mean a note.

Envelopes are inherently tied to the trigger and release of each note. LFO2 also triggers with each note-on and modulates each note separately (so it's almost like a third, weird envelope).

LFO1 can be synced to song tempo but runs continuously regardless of notes played.

Velocity, Note, and Random are all static, per-note values, so there's nothing to synchronize.

Aftertouch is a real-time control, but if your controller supports it, it naturally lends itself to coordination with the start and end of each note.