Please familiarise yourself with the forum rules & guidelines

Can anyone explain me how to assign LFO to parameters? (dummy)

0

I've been creating sounds with the deluge but still cannot understand or know how to assign LFO to parameters. I haven't seen any menu in the sound editor that allows me to "assign" the lfo to parameters, neither in the shortcut menu. I saw a video I cannot find where a guy highlighted the filter frequency and somehow linked it to the LFO.

Can someone please explain me how to do it? Pleeeaaaase.
Thanks in advance.

Francisco.

Comments

  • 1
    EddyEddy ColognePosts: 176
    edited April 1

    For example (if you have still your presets...): Take Preset 22, hit SHIFT and Frequency...now you see flashing Frequency fast and LFO1 and ENV1 slow....hit SHIFT and LFO1 (or SHIFT and ENV1) and turn the SELECT Button to change depth. Assigning by SHIFT and "Parameter" and unassignin by turn to 0...thats it.

    Post edited by Eddy on
  • 0
    FranciscoArellanoFranciscoArellano ChilePosts: 10

    @Eddy said:
    For example (if you have still your presets...): Take Preset 22, hit SHIFT and Frequency...now you see flashing Frequency fast and LFO1 and ENV1 slow....hit SHIFT and LFO1 (or SHIFT and ENV1) and turn the SELECT Button to change depth. Assigning by SHIFT and "Parameter" and unassignin by turn to 0...thats it.

    I did that, though i erased and changed many presets. When I shit+freq, only the frequency pad starts flashing and allows me to open or close the filter with numbers, nothing else.

    Do you know how to apply LFO to a synth made from scratch? :smile:

  • 0
    Ian_JorgensenIan_Jorgensen Wellington, New ZealandStaff Posts: 268

    I did that, though i erased and changed many presets. When I shit+freq, only the frequency pad starts flashing and allows me to open or close the filter with numbers, nothing else.

    Then just press shift and LFO 1 or 2.

  • 0
    FranciscoArellanoFranciscoArellano ChilePosts: 10

    @Ian_Jorgensen said:

    I did that, though i erased and changed many presets. When I shit+freq, only the frequency pad starts flashing and allows me to open or close the filter with numbers, nothing else.

    Then just press shift and LFO 1 or 2.

    Yes, I can "enter" into the LFO Menu, but I cannot assign the lfo to parameters. Even with the sound editor, i only have the rate, sync and type options, but nothing else. Is there any video there Ian to understand how it works? :'(

  • 0
    p_watsp_wats TorontoPosts: 84

    Yeah, just press shift+frequency, then while that pad is blinking press shift+LFO 1 or 2 and dial in the amount you'd like to send to it. You can do this sort of patching with a lot of synth parameters.

  • 0
    Ian_JorgensenIan_Jorgensen Wellington, New ZealandStaff Posts: 268
    edited April 1

    Yes, I can "enter" into the LFO Menu, but I cannot assign the lfo to parameters. Even with the sound editor, i only have the rate, sync and type options, but nothing else. Is there any video there Ian to understand how it works?> @Ian_Jorgensen said:

    OH....
    You are trying to patch the LFO "settings" to it, not the actual LFO. On the very most right hand side of the grid you'll see the Modulation Sources. This is the LFO you want to patch to the frequency. Once you have patched that, THEN you press shift + LFO (at the bottom of the grid) to set rate/sync etc.

    Post edited by Ian_Jorgensen on
  • 0
    FranciscoArellanoFranciscoArellano ChilePosts: 10

    @Ian_Jorgensen said:

    Yes, I can "enter" into the LFO Menu, but I cannot assign the lfo to parameters. Even with the sound editor, i only have the rate, sync and type options, but nothing else. Is there any video there Ian to understand how it works?> @Ian_Jorgensen said:

    OH....
    You are trying to patch the LFO "settings" to it, not the actual LFO. On the very most right hand side of the grid you'll see the Modulation Sources. This is the LFO you want to patch to the frequency. Once you have patched that, THEN you press shift + LFO (at the bottom of the grid) to set rate/sync etc.

    Thanks Ian, I realized this and now I'm able to LFO frequency, I'm so happy! :smile:

  • 0
    030030 SO36Posts: 14

    hmm, should have looked it up on the forum earlier.
    ran into exactly the same issue. wasn´t able to find how to patch pan or lpf or anything to be affected by LFO1 or LFO2

    @p_wats said:
    Yeah, just press shift+frequency, then while that pad is blinking press shift+LFO 1 or 2 and dial in the amount you'd like to send to it. You can do this sort of patching with a lot of synth parameters.

    ^ nice one, thanks a bunch

Sign In or Register to comment.