Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Just purchased the card but it's a 64gig - can I format to 32gigs?

Hey all,

I really love the idea of the Downrush setup as a friend as I do a lot of chopping in Ableton as want to load and try stuff. So I saw this setup and purchased one.

It looks like the Delige only supports 32gigs.

Can I format it to 32gigs and still have it work?

Thanks,
Brett

Post edited by Brett on

Comments

udelugeudeluge germanyPosts: 61

It may work with a normal sd card but not sure it it works with this wifi card.

facebook is evil

BrettBrett Posts: 39

@udeluge said:
    It may work with a normal sd card but not sure it it works with this wifi card.

I'm on vacation but will be home late tonight. I'll give it a try this week. Worst case I sell it and buy another.

VondragonnogginVondragonnoggin California, USAPosts: 199

If you can format the whole card fat32 it might work. My problem when I tried to format cards larger than 32gb as fat32 was that windows no longer sees it correctly. My 128gb card showed the usage of 60gb when I loaded 60gb of samples on it, but it would not read it correctly and only showed a portion of the directories of samples I loaded on it, but still showed the correct space used.

I suspect I could read and write to it fine using a Linux live CD, but I’ve been too lazy to download one and try it. Was going to use the Linux Mint Live CD for this.

Eventually when I decide to download one, I’ll get to reporting if it actually works or not.

I think a 32 gig one is around 35 bucks - maybe I'll just do that. Keep it simple. 🙂

p_watsp_wats TorontoPosts: 111

I use a 64GB Flashair card with my Deluge and Downrush without issues. You just have to format it to Fat32 first. Works fine.

@p_wats said:
    I use a 64GB Flashair card with my Deluge and Downrush without issues. You just have to format it to Fat32 first. Works fine.

Thank you!

bleurghbleurgh Sydney, AustraliaBeta Tester Posts: 26
    edited November 2020

Old thread but for others with this issue:

If it's a 64GB W04 FlashAir card on a mac, I got around this by reformatting it to FAT(32) using Disk Utility and then installed the latest FlashAir firmware: https://jp.toshiba-memory.com/ww/support/download/flashair/w04/update02.htm

Post edited by bleurgh on