Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Use Grid To Display/Edit Parameter Values

FASTFAST CaliforniaPosts: 47

Pressing the TEMPO knob could toggle between the grid display of notes and a grid display of values. It would make fast work out of complex parameter automations and allow you to perform automations on multiple sounds or tracks or steps at the same time.

-Imagine programming accents/velocities or stutters and delays to perfect increments.

-Imagine editing a recorded automation by step.

-Imagine mastering with the volume (meter bridge) and panning for every sound in a kit or track in a song at the same time (8). The grid could display from the center out to display both at the same time.

-Imagine sequencing any mod destination.

There has been some talk of using pads for values and I think that this idea encompases those and adresses a few other feature requests so I thought to bring it to the table.

What does everybody else 'imagine'?

Comments

langolierzlangolierz WellingtonPosts: 2

ah! you beat me to it!. i had been thinking about this (as im sure others had and was surprised that i couldnt find it on here when i looked the other day) - i will post my take on the same idea here and try to delete the duplicate :) )

langolierzlangolierz WellingtonPosts: 2

my phrasing of the same idea:

currently we can record parameter automation on a track by turning the gold knobs with record on. this change in levels are displayed in real time on the LED level-meters. It would be cool if these levels could also be 'sequenced'/viewed for the whole track the same as notes are on the grid pad.

for example perhaps if you double press the volume button (or something) the grid would switch to displaying the volume level over that track - a horizontal line at 75% by default ( turning the gold knob to full would move the whole line up to the top row of pads in this view) but one could also sequence the 3rd and 5th note to 'mute' by pressing the bottom 3rd and 5th pad, and have the track fade out by 'drawing' a diagonal line on the last few columns...

this would make it easier to 'visualize'/remember the parameter automation you recorded on a track and also tidy up mistakes in this method of recording. It would also provide a faster way to add effects per note than selecting each note and using gold knobs.