Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Dr. Leary

71777177 (:Posts: 38

*:

Post edited by 7177 on

Comments

OdoSendaidokaiOdoSendaidokai BerlinPosts: 326

Wow sounds great. Did you just use the Deluge?

Odo Sendaidokai from Berlin

Love it!

thx!

There's a digitone slaved to the Deluge as well. (;

MonVieuxMilouMonVieuxMilou FrancePosts: 10

Is the Digitone a good match for the Deluge ? I'm considering buying one because FM sound is really cool and the Deluge is kinda lacking on this.
    Do you use any of the sequencer features of the digitone, or just the sounds? Do you use it as a multitimbral synth on several midi tracks of the deluge?

This song is really cool by the way.

OK, so in this track Digitone was slaved to the Deluge, sequencing 3 of DN's tracks from midi tracks on the Deluge. I don't bother to send CC messages or do automation through the Deluge, it's just simpler to tweak Digitones knobs directly when I wanna change the sound. Audio out of the DN (in stereo to preserve ping pong delays on the DN sounds) goes into Audio IN of the Deluge, and into another track with line in as osc1 source control levels and put effects on it.

The DN sounds amazing, and messing with the fm engine is endlessly fascinating, Deluge sounddesign, still a bit of a pain in the ass for me tbh. But you know the elektron sequencer isn't a match for the Deluge's track/song/arranger thing. So I try to have best of both worlds? hehe