Please familiarise yourself with the forum rules & guidelines

Deluge firmware V2.1.1 released

10
rohanrohan Staff Posts: 139

Today we're releasing Deluge firmware V2.1.1.

This is a minor bugfix update, addressing all problems noted by users since our big V2.1 update added a number of new features.

Download Deluge firmware V2.1.1

Bugfixes
* Fixed lag when pressing many pads in keyboard view on a multisampled instrument
* Fixed sample engine bug - occasional crackling could be heard, mostly on multisampled instruments
* Fixed contradictory behaviour where loop points took effect for samples in STRETCH mode
* Fixed lagginess on some params when step-automated
* Fixed visual bug when notes recorded while in waveform view
* Fixed minor problems when recording parameter automation while recording an arrangement
* Fixed potential crash when doing pitch detection / multisample import on very short samples
* Fixed rare sampling / resampling bugs
* Other minor misc bugfixes

To install the update, place the .bin file onto your SD card, ensure there are no other .bin files on there, put the card back into your Deluge, and then hold down the shift button while powering on. A spinning animation will display, and the firmware will be permanently installed.

We recommend you take the opportunity to back up the contents of your SD card while it's in your computer.

Comments

  • 0
    mbangmbang Gothenburg, SwedenPosts: 46

    Fantastic work, thanks!

  • 0
    ZivZiv ColoradoPosts: 5
    edited January 20

    I have a song made out of 8 x 5-minute tracks. I've been trying to switch some of the synth tracks to be multisampled instruments, but I'm having some problems. When I load a multisampled instrument, and then try to start my song about 20 bars after the beginning (push < > knob, press play), my Deluge freezes.

    This happened in 2.1.0 and is happening in 2.1.1 as well.

    Post edited by Ziv on
  • 0
    rohanrohan Staff Posts: 139

    @Ziv oh no, sorry to hear. Any chance you could zip your song up with all samples, using the collect-media feature, and send it over to me so I can debug?

  • 0
    71777177 (:Posts: 13

    you guys are awesome!

    The rapid update cycle you commit to, was way up the pro list I made before ordering. (:

  • 0
    ZivZiv ColoradoPosts: 5

    @rohan said:
    @Ziv oh no, sorry to hear. Any chance you could zip your song up with all samples, using the collect-media feature, and send it over to me so I can debug?

    Yep - I will. Thanks for taking a look, you guys are awesome!

  • 0
    fryyyyfryyyy germanyPosts: 150
  • 0
    barconaxbarconax DeutschlandPosts: 3

    Can someone please ban this spammer? Thanks :-)

  • 1
    rohanrohan Staff Posts: 139

    @barconax said:
    Can someone please ban this spammer? Thanks :-)

    Done - sorry about them!

  • 0
    NRuckNRuck UKPosts: 21

    Hi. Update generally excellent. Had my first lag issue yesterday though, after installing 2.1.1 plus never heard more about the live input bug I experienced and posted on the feedback forum (under 2.1, not latest update) Also posted a query about slaving Deluge to protools. Works fine on track / song mode but not working in arranger mode. Should it work (ie is it a bug) or is there some deliberate reason for this? Play button goes green as if playback has begun but does not advance through the arrangement. Running protools 10 FYI. Thanks for any advice or info on any of these niggles.

  • 3
    VondragonnogginVondragonnoggin California, USAPosts: 144

    I just installed 2.1.1 yesterday. Had 2.0 previously. You guys must have made improvements to synth engine. It sounds better or presets are better. Thanks for all the hard work. Incredible dedication to customer requests. Can’t wait to see what you implement next. Very exciting. Was happy with original OS at 1.whatever it was (can’t remember) but knew 2.0 was coming in several months when I purchased. Just really great service particularly after buying this after giving up on Akai and their new mpc’s and seeing all the complaints and lack of announcements to their customers. Granted they have been working hard on bug fixes and features as well, but experience seems night and day in comparison. Particularly when you know what a small team Synthstrom Audible has and still really tries their best to be attentive of their customers. Best value machine I’ve seen in awhile. B)

  • 0
    spawnkissspawnkiss tkarontoPosts: 1
    edited January 31

    Hey all -

    Not seeing an option to create a new topic for whatever reason so posting here.

    Just trying to parse out what this bolded portion below is indicating :

    "... this represents the number of complete or partial "loops" (usually of the longest currently playing track) that have yet to complete before the current armed action takes place. When launching or stopping tracks, this will always default to 1, but by turning the select knob, it can be increased on-the-fly. Or, by pressing down on the select knob..."

    Does this mean there is a possibility of setting the default launch track to a shorter launch quantization?

    Please elaborate - thankyou!

    K

    Post edited by spawnkiss on
  • 0
    ZivZiv ColoradoPosts: 5
    edited February 7

    @Ziv said:

    @rohan said:
    @Ziv oh no, sorry to hear. Any chance you could zip your song up with all samples, using the collect-media feature, and send it over to me so I can debug?

    Yep - I will. Thanks for taking a look, you guys are awesome!

    @rohan I feel silly but this was a user issue - I thought I had updated the Deluge to 2.1.1 but when I finally had a chance to zip these up, I checked the firmware and it was still 2.1.0 :/ . When I actually updated, this problem disappeared. Thank you!

    Post edited by Ziv on
  • 1
    XavierPatauXavierPatau Arenys de Mar - BarcelonaPosts: 1

    Hi there, I have a problem with the installation of firmware version 2.1.1. Everything seems to be installed correctly, but when trying to change the type of synthesizer using the control knob, the word "fold" appears on the LCD and does not allow to change the type of synth. Also go with the kit. I'm missing something obvious? Thanks for the answers

  • 0
    charlie0dlecharlie0dle San Jose, CaliforniaPosts: 4

    Hello,
    I tried to update but was given an error message instead of the swirling screen. Now I am just getting an error message and the unit isnt working at all. :( Please help!

  • 0
    p_watsp_wats TorontoPosts: 55

    @charlie0dle said:
    Hello,
    I tried to update but was given an error message instead of the swirling screen. Now I am just getting an error message and the unit isnt working at all. :( Please help!

    What is the error message?
    What do the contents of your SD card look like (should only be one .bin file there and a few folders, like SONGS, SAMPLES, SYNTHS, KITS)

  • 0
    p_watsp_wats TorontoPosts: 55

    @XavierPatau said:
    Hi there, I have a problem with the installation of firmware version 2.1.1. Everything seems to be installed correctly, but when trying to change the type of synthesizer using the control knob, the word "fold" appears on the LCD and does not allow to change the type of synth. Also go with the kit. I'm missing something obvious? Thanks for the answers

    Can you confirm what your folder structure in your SD card looks like? (should only be one .bin file there and a few folders, like SONGS, SAMPLES, SYNTHS, KITS)

  • 0
    charlie0dlecharlie0dle San Jose, CaliforniaPosts: 4

    I even replaced contents with the “default” SD card contents listed on the site and am still getting “ERR” code. Made sure there was only one BIN file. I am still getting ERR code even when replacing the original contents to the card.

  • 0
    charlie0dlecharlie0dle San Jose, CaliforniaPosts: 4

    @p_wats said:

    @charlie0dle said:
    Hello,
    I tried to update but was given an error message instead of the swirling screen. Now I am just getting an error message and the unit isnt working at all. :( Please help!

    What is the error message?
    What do the contents of your SD card look like (should only be one .bin file there and a few folders, like SONGS, SAMPLES, SYNTHS, KITS)

    The error message is “ERR”. I tried redownloading the new operating system but am still getting “ERR” after it says UPDATE. Tried replacing all contents with default SD card contents and get the same code. I even tried to go back to the previous upgrade and get the same ERR code.

  • 0
    p_watsp_wats TorontoPosts: 55
    edited February 15

    @charlie0dle said:

    @p_wats said:

    @charlie0dle said:
    Hello,
    I tried to update but was given an error message instead of the swirling screen. Now I am just getting an error message and the unit isnt working at all. :( Please help!

    What is the error message?
    What do the contents of your SD card look like (should only be one .bin file there and a few folders, like SONGS, SAMPLES, SYNTHS, KITS)

    The error message is “ERR”. I tried redownloading the new operating system but am still getting “ERR” after it says UPDATE. Tried replacing all contents with default SD card contents and get the same code. I even tried to go back to the previous upgrade and get the same ERR code

    To clarify, your root directory has the following:

    • a single .bin file
    • The following folders: KITS, SAMPLES, SONGS, SYNTHS

    And you're still getting the "ERR" message?

    Maybe try another SD card or reformatting your existing card and replacing the files to see if that would work?

    Post edited by p_wats on
  • 0
    VondragonnogginVondragonnoggin California, USAPosts: 144

    @charlie0dle said:

    @p_wats said:

    @charlie0dle said:
    Hello,
    I tried to update but was given an error message instead of the swirling screen. Now I am just getting an error message and the unit isnt working at all. :( Please help!

    What is the error message?
    What do the contents of your SD card look like (should only be one .bin file there and a few folders, like SONGS, SAMPLES, SYNTHS, KITS)

    The error message is “ERR”. I tried redownloading the new operating system but am still getting “ERR” after it says UPDATE. Tried replacing all contents with default SD card contents and get the same code. I even tried to go back to the previous upgrade and get the same ERR code.

    What size sd card and did you try reformatting to fat32 again on it and then just placing original Deluge content on it and BIN file?

    I received that same error code but was trying a larger than 32gb card I had formatted fat32 and had to go back to my 32gb card. I’m still going to attempt a bigger card formatted fat32 but need to download a Linux Live disc to check samples I put on it from my own library. Win 10 does not like fat32 cards bigger than 32gb even just for reading.

  • 1
    charlie0dlecharlie0dle San Jose, CaliforniaPosts: 4

    UPDATE:
    Jamie (Downrush) and Ian helped me fix it. We believe it was either an issue with the SD air card or the update file. We are diving deeper into what the issue was now. Thank you everyone for your help. The fact that Synthstrom was able to fix this issue HOURS after it happened is really amazing. I was a huge fan of their products before this but I am insanely impressed by this company at this point. I really cant recommend or praise these guys enough. THANK YOU!

Sign In or Register to comment.