Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Assign CC's to gold knobs for MIDI Note Output in kits

Originally discussed in this thread, putting it here so it can be upvoted:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DelugeBetaTesters/permalink/893173824222852/

Playing with the new ‘MIDI note outputs within kits’ feature and it’s super exciting! One thing I was thinking that would make it even more powerful would be the ability to assign CC’s to the gold knobs in a kit row the same way you can in a standalone MIDI track or the parameters in any other synth/sample kit row.

Use case example:

I’ve been using the Deluge to sequence my Novation Drumstation. There’s around 30 drums sounds and each one has 2-6 parameters to shape it’s sound, so close to a hundred parameters. To sequence it in the 1.x firmware I would use a MIDI track where the various MIDI notes would trigger the sounds, but they were pretty spread out as the MIDI note values for each voice were not sequential. Then it I also wanted to sequence any of the CC values, I could only choose 16 of them at a time as that is the max amount assignable to the gold knobs. And then I’d have to remember which values where which, for example on the same parameter button the top gold knob might be ‘Kick Decay’ and the lower one would be ‘Clap Tune’.

Having the ability to now assign specific MIDI notes to kit rows is super exciting for a variety of reasons. First off, I can enter in each voice’s MIDI note value into a row, that way I’m seeing only the 30 or so notes used by the Drumstation. Or I can make kits that are combinations of specific sounds, like having a kit of only the 808 sounds. But the really exciting thing is if I can assign CC values to the gold knobs on a row by row basis then, for example on the row that has the MIDI note for the ‘808 Kick’ trigger I can then assign to the gold knobs that voice’s specific parameters (‘Kick Tune’, ‘Kick Tone’, ‘Kick Decay’, ‘Kick Distortion’, etc). This way I could have the entire drum machine’s voices loaded AND all of the parameters stored and sequencable without having to memorize their CC values. My brain hurts just thinking about it!

Comments