Please familiarise yourself with the forum rules & guidelines

Activate record for one midi channel only

I use the deluge for live performance with a friend where we both play thru the deluge via midi channels, when i want to record something while my friend plays something else, it records all midi information on all channels but i wish only my notes are recorded for example activate record only for midi ch10 would be practical. Thx

Comments

Or is it possible to activate record for one track only...it would be perfect , like in ableton live !

EddyEddy Cologne

Maybe you should think about midi hardware, in this case midi filter. Today this can be very cheap and tiny on a Arduino board.

amiga909amiga909 Switzerland

@Eddy said:
    Maybe you should think about midi hardware, in this case midi filter. Today this can be very cheap and tiny on a Arduino board.

how could a midi filter help here?
    if 2 keyboarders play 1 Deluge at the same time and only 1 should be recorded, there had to be a way to restrict recording to 1 track only on the Deluge.

imho this suggestion is related to http://forums.synthstrom.com/discussion/236/midi-controller-assignment-option-to-access-the-selected-edited-track. though its not the same, global and permanent midi control for the selected track would change things.
    i'd really like to have the proposed feature in this thread, yet i feel the use case of setting up a midi controller to just work without any templates or re-learning should be adressed first.