Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Improve MIDI learn feedback and workflow

o0_o0_ SANTA MONICAPosts: 107

Overall it's really difficult ( if not impossible ) to debug MIDI problem when the Deluge is used as a Slave rather than being the master.

Tempo

1. the little TEMPO SYNC led should be on all the time when the Deluge is receiving midi clock, and not just when the play button is engaged. ( this would allow me to confirm that yes, there is a valid MIDI signal on that cable, and that it's getting a clock )

2. Right now when the Deluge is stopped, but receiving a midi clock, you can still change the BPM, but that value is ignored ( as it should ) when press play. it would be better to lock the BPM if the Deluge is a clock slave.

Kits

1. When programming a KIT, the part should be triggered when receiving the note that is programming the midi-learn. Right now, there is no feedback on the first event, and then it sounds on the 2nd event. I always feel that it doesn't work when I press a note on the controller and nothing happens.

2. The Deluge should prompt you when you are assigning the same note to multiple parts. 99% of the time, this is a mistake and not what you want.

3. Audition pads should ALWAYS light up when being triggered by a Midi event. At least if I don't hear anything, I'll know the problem is not because it didn't receive a note but some where else in the chain ( volume could be 0, filter could be killing everything, cable problems? ) not being able to visually confirm that notes are being received is a problem. ( also blinking lights are pretty )

4. There needs to be a way to confirm that a kit not has a midi assignment, and a way to see what that assignment is. I would suggest that only the audition pads with an existing assignment should blink when pressing the LEARN BUTTON. Also when pressing both the LEARN and an already programmed pad, the numerical display should show the midi assignment: 08.64 for note 64 on Channel 8.

Midi learning a KIT takes way too long, and is a huge creativity killer. Most of the time, I'll want to assign the first sample to C2 or whatever, and use the next available note for the next sample and so on. Maybe having a way to shift-learn and pressing the base note to assign the entire kit

Synths and CC

There's more in that same vein. I love my Deluge when I use it as a standalone. I often curse it when it's integrated with the rest of the studio. Please help!