Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Zooming,track length adjust, and horizontal scrolling visual LCD displays

rpc9943rpc9943 New York usaBeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 184

When we zoom in and out we see 16th 8th etc but it would be nice to see maybe a slight pause then a number showing the amount of bars we're looking at on screen.

Track length, when we are moving back and forth from the screen should have some sort of visual notification of how many bars we are looking at

Horizontal scrolling should give us a number, like 1, 2, etc so that we have a visual cue instead of trying to count in our heads when scrolling through say a bass line that's playing same notes 4 bars etc

Comments

workergrayworkergray Gulfport, FloridaBeta Tester Posts: 222

Exactly! The only way to tell is by scrolling all the way to the beginning or the end and counting how many screens you flip through or by counting the beats before the indicator light scrolls by.
    Can get very tedious with a 16 sets of 4 bars.

rpc9943rpc9943 New York usaBeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 184
    Also when you reverse the length is literally impossible to know what we're looking at. Extremely confused.
    MatthewGeorgeMatthewGeorge Cologne, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 247

YES!

OmskInfoOmskInfo Berlin, DeutschlandPosts: 25

Agreed!

Lucky_LuxLucky_Lux PolandPosts: 14

Agreed! +1 :)

rjegarjega switzerlandBeta Tester Posts: 13

would be perfect!

tacharontacharon HamburgPosts: 44
    edited July 2017

I agree that this is an issue. When scrolling horizontally, a page number display would be great! The overall number of pages of the current pattern (in the current resolution) would be a welcome addition as long as the display fits both numbers. (E.g. page 2 of 4, or page 12 of 16. The display would just show the numbers, of course).
    While zooming instead of showing the current page number in the numeric display after the resolution value, Deluge could maybe use the top row of buttons to graphically represent how much is visible within the entire pattern (represented by all 16 buttons) while the resolution is displayed. Like a scrollbar in computer windows.
    If for example the entire pattern is 4 pages long at the currently selected resolution, and the view is on page 2, the buttons 5-8 could light up (using white color to avoid confusion with notes). When the resolution is decreased, buttons 1-8 could light up (if half of the entire pattern is visible). At least as long as the pattern is not more than 16 pages long this would be a very graphic, easy to digest way to provide the missing orientation.

Post edited by tacharon on
    MyrkMyrk Bristol, UKPosts: 93

I think I posted something about how this could be done on another request. I feel that the readout should be like "01.04" to imply page 1 of 4, or "13.24" to tell you you're on page 13 of 24 pages. Simple, and would really work well up to 99 bars. After 99 you put another . after the first number, so "0.1.2.4" would be bar 101 of 124 bars. I don't think anyone in their right mind would use more than 99 bars though!

dokandokan HamburgPosts: 4

very good

VoltVolt Posts: 55

Yeah, a page/bar number is very important when scrolling horizontal.

This discussion has been closed.