Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Tie Note/ Accent Note with quick function to assign

This concept I have found in my TB-3 from Roland, bu many other synths have it within sequencing. Simply, per note entered into the grid, the note can have accent on or accent off, no knob to drop the value with turns.

The accent function would by holding shift+a new note on the main sequence pattern, the note is then added to have maximum velocity.

By holding down one note on the grid and drawing out a long note as currently possible, pressing an additional pad before releasing the previous would simply tie the next note on. The tie function can also be created by adding portamento I know portamento as a function does this, but again this would be a quick adaptation to go from any value to full for the involved notes only.

Also if this is already possible in another way please let me know!

Thanks! ;)

Comments

BoB3KBoB3K Ohio, USAPosts: 3

It's often called glide (or glissando), and yes, all sequencers should be able to tie notes together for a glide. I don't know about the Deluge's internal synths, but for most midi synths that handle glissando/glide, you just don't send the note off until the next note on has been sent. And I agree, it should be easy to implement, you just press and hold the first note and then press the second note like normal long notes, except you can press other note rows and it would fill to the new note. Maybe the new note could also be dimmed to show it is still tied (glided from) the previous note. One issue here though is that this really only works for monophonic synths. I haven't checked, but is there a way to put the Deluge sequencer into a monophonic mode?

leepeeleepee Seattle, WAPosts: 4

Absolutely my thinking here. The other neat part of this could be a dedicated parameter (again inspired by my TB-3) to adjust how much accent or tie is implemented. Could be LFO or envelope synced that way.

EarthCryEarthCry Asheville NCPosts: 15

YES this feature for SURE. Just plugged my deluge into my modular via CV mode and much to my dismay there is no note tie / slide functionality! Would love this to be implemented, doesn't seem like a difficult thing to do. VOTE you heathens!