Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Making sure the Deluge is right for me

DavidKDavidK NahvillePosts: 4

Hey folks,

I am a one-man-band, and make kind of weird experimental pop/rock stuff. In the past, it has been me, a keyboard, and an SP-404 for backing tracks. Lately though I bought an Novation Circuit, so I could be more hands on with the drums/bass/synth stuff while performing. Sadly, the lack of a true "song mode" on the Circuit means that I can't have at least one hand on my keyboard while performing. I am hoping that the Deluge will solve that problem, since it now has the arrangement mode.

So, I still want to fiddle with beats and stuff while performing, but also have long parts of songs play on their own while I sing/play keyboard (therefore, I don't want simply a "backing track", but I also want the machine to change sections on it's own without me having to dial it in every time). It seems like the Deluge will be perfect for this (and probably a bit overkill), but I just want to make sure.

Anyone else out there using it for more pop/rock oriented stuff like this?

Thanks!

Comments

MafooMafoo Posts: 53

You can definitely do a one man band type setup with the deluge. The arranger basically lets you chain numerous patterns together whether they are rhythm sections, pads, different melodies, samples - you name it. You can also record parameter automation into your arrangement so you can fade in elements, apply filters etc.

DavidKDavidK NahvillePosts: 4

@Mafoo said:
    You can definitely do a one man band type setup with the deluge. The arranger basically lets you chain numerous patterns together whether they are rhythm sections, pads, different melodies, samples - you name it. You can also record parameter automation into your arrangement so you can fade in elements, apply filters etc.

Sounds about perfect, thank you!