Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Play sample waveform from the grid

Saw the 2.1 demo teases ... stoked to have this additional improvements. But in the interest of inches & miles and all that ... graphic waveforms & multisampling is great for us Deluge users but it brings us to what ... late 80s into the 90s in terms of hardware capability? Watching Rohan demo the start/end points, I couldn't help but want to play the waveform itself, like you can on Samplr. One of my favorite things about that app is being able to tap out a beat from portions of a mangled sample but the iPad sucks for studio integration. Doing this on the Deluge would be even better with the tactile experience. For a hardware device, this would be some next-level shit:

• Bottom row is reserved for markers, setting start/end/loop points, etc.
  • Touch any button & it plays that specific segment of the waveform at the current zoom view. If your sample is 16s long, one button would play a 1 sec sample & if it's 16 min, each press would be 1 min. For vertically aligned buttons, playing the upper buttons play the same slice with increasing volume & vice versa.
  • If you've found a really nice sound, hold that pad while pressing one of the far-right audition pads to manually assign that "slice".

Having not actually messed with 2.1, I don't know how easily this can be accomodated in the UI but this would blow my mind.

I know it's a bit churlish to ask for improvements on an update that's not even been released but that's the price of being a genius, Rohan!!!!

Comments

tffshtttffshtt berlinPosts: 53

funny, i was thinking the same thing...it is pretty cheeky to be making a request on something that hasn't been implemented yet though. It would also be awesome if this went in the direction of granular. Thanks for the waveform update rohan. Simple wave form editing was my main use case for downrush.