Please familiarise yourself with the forum rules & guidelines

SEPARATE MIDI CHANNELS OVER USB (32 total!)

workergrayworkergray Posts: 161

In addition to the regular 16 channels we get using the MIDI DIN ports, it would be quite excellent if we could get an additional 16 (or more) via USB.

Post edited by workergray on

Comments

This is a copy of a post that got deleted. A lot of people voted on it.

JahraJahra Posts: 16

jup!

atimchakatimchak Chicago, ILPosts: 20

I completely agree with this - and there are already affordable products that would make this fairly easy to do - like the Keith McMillan midi expander. And for functionality - after you cycle through all 16 main channels it would go to 1u (for usb) - 16u.

The one drawback is that you couldn’t charge it via usb but that’s really a minor issue as you could use a power supply instead.

mike505mike505 GermanyPosts: 8

+1 :)

ohnoitsfraaohnoitsfraa Genk, BelgiumPosts: 3

+1 ;)

amiga909amiga909 SwitzerlandPosts: 552

upvoted, needed if Deluge ever supports MPE.
    atimchak, McMillan usb to midi is propietary afaik, sadly would be a nice price. cheapest standalone solution afaik http://www.hobbytronics.co.uk/usb-midi-converter.

i have a number of fx units this would be good for. my "A" channels would be synths and "B" would be effects channels--- or lights.

BurtrudeBurtrude U.K. Posts: 11

+1

CramCram UKPosts: 1

+1

LLP33LLP33 Norfolk, UKPosts: 3

i'd love to see more midi channels. I can use 16 on just my Virus TI2, then none left over for anything else.
    More midi channels please. :smiley:

It is a shame the original post/vote/poll got deleted, I'm sure a lot of people are crying out for more midi channels.

p_watsp_wats TorontoPosts: 59
    edited March 12

@LLP33 said:
    It is a shame the original post/vote/poll got deleted, I'm sure a lot of people are crying out for more midi channels.

I wouldn't worry too much. Synthstrom has said that a) they are well aware of this request (since well before this or probably the prior thread) and b) upvotes etc. don't really matter (they will implement what they think are good ideas and know that there are a lot of them on the forum). If it is possible (and not ridiculously difficult), we may see it added.

Post edited by p_wats on

I hope so, it is a brilliant idea. Thanks for replying and the update.