Ordered my Deluge this week. I have loads of questions still.
(this was also posted on the DelugeUsers subreddit)
Hey there Delugers, I still have to wait quite some time till I get my Deluge in since Synthstrom has trouble keeping up with the amount of orders (when can we expect to hear more Synthstrom?), but I'd like be prepared as best as I can before I start. I have some questions which I hope some of you might be able to answer:
- How are the standard samples and patches? What kind of sounds/genres are easy "out of the box"?
- Is it possible to share projects or patches with other users easily? Do project files include custom samples for example?
- Are there any limitations to the amount of Delay and Reverb you can use? What happens if you overuse these effects?
- How well does the Deluge play with live instruments (in my case Saxophone)? Can I use the Deluge as a live looper?
- Is it possible to seamlessly switch between different projects for a live performance or are there load times? Are there other ways of performing multiple songs in succession without ankward silences?
- Does swing mode work well in triplets view? Can I make more complicated latin rhythms like chacarera or cumbia?
- If I can find the right USB connectors, is it possible to use a USB Midi Keyboard with the Deluge USB port? Does the Deluge provide power to these Keyboards?
Looking forward to becoming part of this community and share awesome tunes with you!