Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Using Deluge Audio-In for Live Vocals!

VJFranzKVJFranzK Los Angeles USABeta Tester Posts: 129

Here's my example! I hope to refine this technique. One challenge is that the Audio In seems too quiet, even at the max volume settings.

Music, Visuals, Reviews of Synths, Drum Machines, Apps
YouTube: VJFranzK

Comments

Another example. It'd be useful to have more Delay parameters to work with to get the right sound!

DavidKDavidK NahvillePosts: 4

Very cool!

Deluge is not a great solution for vocals really.. a good vocal chain would be gate, comp, eq, (delay), reverb and none of the deluge fx are remotely as good as even a cheap vocal processor.

imo you would be far better off in terms of audio results by getting some vocal processor and plugging in as a line input to the deluge for recording

Yes. Notice voice processor to the left? ; - )
    That was the the VE5, which is hard to edit, and still too quiet.

I've now got connected the VT3, which is a lot easier to use.

I like the idea of being able to use the tempo delay and other features THROUGH the Deluge, as I used to do with my Electribe ESX, because then the appropriate settings are locked to each song file.

Somebody posted somewhere - increase the Velocity of the Note that is playing the Audio In, and extra volume may be added! ( I didn't think of this because I don't really use velocity. )