Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Midi PC

Midi Program Change. Every good sequencer, hardware or software has it, and is a must. It's mad difficult to change songs in a live set, then have to manually change patches on external synth. That's just silly.

Alot of sequencers send PC on song change (great!) - Some sequencers can sequence/automate PC (omg, even better!).

everything in above sticky list is a big YES and please implement..! but my goodness - Program Change has got to be in there!

Comments

rpc9943rpc9943 New York usaBeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 184

Yes this also would be good for example switching sessions in novation circuit etc, or other grooveboxes we might be running in parallel

sigjunksigjunk Posts: 4

This would be great. Agreed.

scorpiconscorpicon Posts: 1

This is what's currently preventing me from buying a Deluge. I want to be able to use this as a live performance tool with external devices, but without Program Change, I'm stuck. For such an incredibly robust device, I'm surprised that something seemingly so basic is missing.

maimai Posts: 21

A big +1... not just for live sets!

SavageGordonSavageGordon Boston, USAPosts: 12

Crucial, for sure.

MyrkMyrk Bristol, UKPosts: 93

Would people want it as a sequencing aspect, or as a saved preset within the midi section though? I'd love to have PC be saved to a midi preset synth/kit, along with all other midi aspects like midi channel which could be saved and recalled for other projects, treating it all like the internal engine workflow.

rephazerrephazer hollandPosts: 24

Yes please

aquapheraquapher CanadaPosts: 10

@Myrk said:
    Would people want it as a sequencing aspect, or as a saved preset within the midi section though? I'd love to have PC be saved to a midi preset synth/kit, along with all other midi aspects like midi channel which could be saved and recalled for other projects, treating it all like the internal engine workflow.

Mainly, its needed for the basics of recalling patches of external synths related to specific projects - Automating program change is rarely available, but some boxes do it, and can be really cool if the hardware can pull it of. - VirusTI patch changes are too slow for something like that... but the elektron A4 does this amazingly. (and some older roland grooveboxes)

Alas, not essencial. Basic PC on the deluge is a dreamy prospect.

The emu command station had this implemented beautifully.... When pressing play, each track would send their specific PC messages, before all other data, and would not trigger again, until a stop/play.

I've used sequencers that send the inserted PC value every loop, which is just wrong.

The user and all related content has been deleted.
    MyrkMyrk Bristol, UKPosts: 93
    edited October 2017

@aquapher said:
    Mainly, its needed for the basics of recalling patches of external synths related to specific projects - Automating program change is rarely available, but some boxes do it, and can be really cool if the hardware can pull it of. - VirusTI patch changes are too slow for something like that... but the elektron A4 does this amazingly. (and some older roland grooveboxes)

Alas, not essencial. Basic PC on the deluge is a dreamy prospect.

The emu command station had this implemented beautifully.... When pressing play, each track would send their specific PC messages, before all other data, and would not trigger again, until a stop/play.

I've used sequencers that send the inserted PC value every loop, which is just wrong.

I'm fully aware of program control, but more asking how people envisage these things within the Deluge workflow? So you are saying you would go with the "midi synth" setting, or an initiate PC command at play button to prevent a sequenced PC being sent every repeat? This was also my thinking... it would reset the program on the synth if it was mid-sequence.

Post edited by Myrk on
    mycallmycall SF, CAPosts: 4

I'll be stuck with a computer alongside deluge to perform CC-to-PC conversions until this feature is implemented somehow. I'd be happy if it could record PG from MIDI IN during a sequence. The tricky part of the implementation is how to remove or change program change events.

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

Bro, midi PC is in the new 1.3 firmware just released :)

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

MatthewGeorgeMatthewGeorge Cologne, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 247

Program Change has totally changed my workflow! v1.3 has a few workflow upgrades that'll make users happier with their Deluge.

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

Yes it's starting to mature in it's natural organic way :)

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

This discussion has been closed.