Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Deluge Questions (New User)

Andy77Andy77 SingaporeBeta Tester Posts: 12
  1. Is it possible to create folders for the Synth Presets so it can be saved by Bass, Leads, Pads. I guess this will be really time consuming (if it can be done) on the deluge so is there an app that can do this? It seems with the limited screen real estate and current saving methodology a solid external patch creator, librarian is almost a must have.

2. Once i select a preset and use the built in arpeggiator , is there a way to scroll through different presets on the same arp?

3. The midi settings (external controller, keyboards) seems to be per track basis. Is there a way to do this on a global basis so say i map a keyboard and knobs to CCs they can be stored and applied to all tracks instead of midi learning and unlearning track by track?

4. What are the destinations that i can map the LFOs and envelopes to? The manual talks about modulation sources but nothing on destinations?

5. What is the Signal Flow of the deluge- every synth/sampler manual should have a chart depicting the basic signal flow?

6. Is there a filter envelope?

7. Is it possible to for Rohan to code a virtual cable so audio can be routed to the headphone outs separate from the main outs?

Thanks

Comments

minigoatminigoat cincinnati ohio usaPosts: 296

1) folders possible for samples, not synths or kits currently.
    2) arp behaviour did function this way but some liked it, some didnt. I prefer it. Search if theres a feature request and vote.
    3)no global/ omni midi. Mapping learnt per song/ kit and synth. You can save a "template" synth patch or song though. Also global midi has a feature request post here somewhere.
    4) a bunch conventional some unconventional. Dont know off the top, sorry.
    5)idk
    6)yes but you need to assign it if its an inital patch.
    7)idk.

o0_o0_ SANTA MONICAPosts: 107
    1. no the DAC the Deluge uses only has two in and two out channels. everything is wired to that ( 1/4" right/left, headphones, internal speaker ).
    amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

my 2 cents:
    1) yeah, that would be awesome, please upvote the feature request. http://forums.synthstrom.com/discussion/1026/folder-structure-for-organizing-presets#latest
    2) no, but there is a workaround
    5) Signal Flow, actually a good point. Could be added to the manual. Took a while until I got the way Deluge handles its effect chains. You have a master effect chain, a track effect chain and a effect chain for individual samples in Kit presets. Means, you can have for example 3 serial LPFs.
    6) as minigoat said. Add: modulation matrix is quite good. You can route a lot to filter cutoff: 2 Envelopes, 2 LFOs, velocity, sidechain volume, random, .. Cool thing: u can also mod the modulator, e.g. Env2 Attack is modulated by LFO1.

Andy77Andy77 SingaporeBeta Tester Posts: 12

Thanks all, yes will up-vote the feature requests.

pfrfpfrf ca, u.s.a.Posts: 165

@amiga909 I can’t tell from the video what is being done. Is the internal arp being used?

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

@pfrf there is some info in the youtube description but the explanation is somewhere in a thread here...
    Deluge lets you route the midi output from a midi track back to the Deluge midi in. Just connect midi in to midi out with the same cable. Usually you get a midi feedback loop if you do that with other hardware. Haven't checked if it still works with v2.

pfrfpfrf ca, u.s.a.Posts: 165

Thank you for the explanation! Very interesting, something to experiment with.