Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Show filter cutoffs in kHz

It would be really, really useful if we could get the filter cutoff values to show from 0 Hz - 20,000 kHz, rather than just some fictious value of 0-100.

Does anyone else agree?

Comments

o0_o0_ SANTA MONICAPosts: 107
    1. display values whenever a value changes ( I'm looking at you, 8 pad shortcuts )
    2. display values in real units where they exists

For example, delays and envelopes in milliseconds, reverb size in feet/meters, bitcrushing in bits, CC messages in 0-127 MIDI units, ...

NorisNoris AustriaPosts: 38

Please make all values visible like o0_ said.

cypher79cypher79 UKPosts: 157

Bump

Would love to see all the Deluge parameters displayed in real units, but by far the most important would be the filter frequencies.

SpiderLabSpiderLab Byron BayPosts: 18
    edited December 2018

Hmmm yes and no. Humans are a bit thick. It is easier for us to visualise a scale 1-100 than to calculate the impact of a variable (that may not even be linear).That's why volume knobs only go to 11 :-)
    What's more for both methods its more important that your scale is logarithmic so you get more travel on your slider. Eg 50 on a 1-100 frequency scale is only 10kHz. I bet you won't take your frequency cutoff much above that so you are wasting 50% of the slider travel (or knob turn). So I would even prefer a scale of 1-10 if its logarithmic. That means I can sweep a frequency by starting slowly then accelerating as it gets higher while actually decreasing movement.
    We get this right because our ears can calculate faster than our eyes :smile:

Post edited by SpiderLab on