Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Turn off reception of midi clock

darenagerdarenager Between a rack and a hardware placeBeta Tester Posts: 222

Today I was using a keyboard which always transmits midi clock, so unfortunately it was unusable with the Deluge as there appears to be no way for the Deluge to ignore midi clock

Comments

VondragonnogginVondragonnoggin California, USAPosts: 199
    edited July 2018

You probably have an option on the keyboard. I have two older Yamaha CBX-k1 controllers that transmit clock, but there is an option to turn off clock output on the keyboard

One of those cbx-k1’s I bought in 1997. Still works as good to this day. I picked up the second off eBay for about $60 recently and is translucent blue. A lot of old school midi options at the fingertips for rpn/nrpn, merge, sequencer start/stop/reset/tempo, msb/lsb, single byte data, etc

Post edited by Vondragonnoggin on
    VondragonnogginVondragonnoggin California, USAPosts: 199

You could also get an event filter to kill clock input from the keyboard.

darenagerdarenager Between a rack and a hardware placeBeta Tester Posts: 222

Unfortunately this old Roland one doesn’t have an option to turn it off, weird but it is very basic, no screen or display even.

Yeah I could use my midipal to filter out the clock from the keyboard but I’d still prefer the option for the Deluge to ignore it, all my other sequencers and drum machines have the option, so I was a little surprised that the Deluge doesn’t.

o0_o0_ SANTA MONICAPosts: 107

+1 on having the Deluge be able to ignore incoming clock ( also start/stop messages ) these are pretty much standard on all gear with internal sequencers