Add a send parameter to the delay
One really useful trick in music production is to control the delay send on a part, so not all of the notes are processed by the delay effect, but the ones that do, don't have their tail cut off when you want to have dry notes.
This is not the Dry/Wet mix, which controls the volume of the wet signal, ( although we don't seem to have that either ) but controlling when notes are getting send to the delay, without modifying the delay feedback.
- you want to add a delay tail to the end of a vocal phrase.
- you want to mix dry and repeating snare hits on a drum pattern
- you want to modulate the delay effect
Ideally a complete delay implementation has the following:
- delay time ( with/without bpm sync, also please include dotted note delays in the list )
- delay feedback ( feed the output of the delay back into it's input )
- delay send ( how much of the dry signal is sent to the delay in the first place )
- dry/wet mix ( how much of the return signal are we using in the track )
and then the current ping-ping vs regular, digital vs analog, etc.