Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Exhanced kit functions - parametric operators

darenagerdarenager Between a rack and a hardware placeBeta Tester Posts: 222

It would be great if kits could have other things assigned than samples/midi/cv etc - for example a “lock” object which allows a parameter to be stored/modified, for use when the user wishes to change a parameter on a step which does not contain a note. Bonus points if these could be targeted to any track (and multiple?), not just the one where they reside (possibly by way of allowing them to be learned in one of the unused shortcut spaces?)

Another example could be “rec” object which starts/stops recording, when the ‘note’ starts recording begins for the duration of the event then stops, this would be handy for lifting sections of audio from within a defined range. The possible difficulty here would be ensuring that it did not just keep writing files to the card like an idiot, so maybe hold learn then press record to arm it, now on the first instance it will record then save, and will not do so again until re-armed msnually as described

Of course there are plenty of other kinds of operators which could be handy too, I had a few more ideas but forgot to write them down whilst playing, I’ll add them here when I remember what they were.

Comments

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

that would be wicked. i like the rec marker idea. if you want inspiration what could be other kinds of operators, u might want to check out the Sequentix Cirklon manual.

however I think your request is too big if we list possible operators. i'd propose to go for the "lock" object thing in this thread. discussions of what might be useful "operators" would be very nice.

as for now a way to edit non-note param changes (recorded param changed) would be very helpful, similar to trig events in Elektron devices. by now i have to delete the entire automation of a param if i want to modify a param change on a non-note step. possible this has been requested in another thread, not sure.

The other one which I forgot to mention was ‘pitch’ so you can set it to transpose the pitch in semitone steps, by a given amount on the same step that the operator is in on, of course things get a lot more interesting when you set iteration or probability for these type of event....

This idea could easily be expanded without any negative impact on the current ease of use, a couple of the other operators could be:

‘NLEN’ to change note lengths
    ‘DIRN’ sequence direction
    ‘STEP’ skip, reverse, forward, mute etc.
    ‘SAMP’ to select a sampler within the current or any folder.
    ‘LOGC’ bitwise logic, if, and, or, not etc. Could be very powerful when combined with iteration etc - eg 3/4 plays all except 3rd of 4th iteration or what have you.

It would be interesting to hear from @rohan if any of these would be possible or if it would be incompatible with the current firmware code base.