Midi looper for live/performance jamming?
How are people doing this?
Thinking of replacing my cuircit, for external drum pad machine/keyboard synth looping. (i.e. midi in too play a external keyboard synth and have it looped with midi out to loop external synth).. Seriously thinking of getting a deluge for this instead, if it would work? Advice anyone, not sure.
What strategies / possibilities / limitations have you guys figured out?
- simple rock solid performance setups?
- live workflow for jumping between int/ext instruments recording loops live.
- triggering record start/stop or pre-arming starts or set length stops/loops.
- redoing/clearing bad loops or doing overdubs etc..
- adding quantisation or humanisation (probability drum hits, slipping a set/layer of drums late or early etc.)
- having midi on separate channels or global per cc, depending on the external kit.
anyone seen vids of this in action, or done this sort of loop jamming? cheers.